Trusts, Wills and Estates
Considered tax advice and a well-planned estate, together with a clear and well drafted last will and testament, can result in significant benefits and savings. Our experts in succession and tax law help to ensure that clients’ estates are planned with rigorous particularity so as to ensure final wishes are complied with and estate duty is minimised. In particular, we are well-equipped to advise on:
- Achieving tax efficiencies
- The formation of a testamentary trust to ensure that assets left to minor beneficiaries are well managed
- The roles and powers of trustees
- The implications of insolvency of your chosen beneficiaries
- The appointment of a guardian for your minor children
- The appointment of an executor
- The value of establishing an inter vivos trust
- The implication of current tax legislation
- The implications of donations tax
Our administration of deceased estates division specialises in the efficient and cost-effective administration of deceased estates. Our professional knowledge and experience will ensure that the estate of your family member or loved one is handled with the care and skill you would expect.
Often family members are appointed as executors or executrices in the will of a deceased family member. We specialise in assisting such executors to wind up the estate of their loved one without hassle during these difficult times.